Host / Curbside Service Attendant
Location: Green Valley Grill, Greensboro, North Carolina
Hours: Full Time
Green Valley Grill is looking for a friendly and energetic Host / Curbside Service Attendant to join their team of enthusiastic restaurant professionals who provide outstanding experiences to the guests they serve in a fast-paced environment.
The Employee-Owned Green Valley Grill, along with Print Works Bistro, O.Henry and Proximity Hotels, are known amongst our guests, our community and the hospitality industry as leaders in Greensboro and North Carolina who are genuine, innovative and flexible; driven to anticipate needs and exceed guests expectations. Our mission is to be of genuine service to our guests, fellow staff members, owners, and the earth and her people.
To deliver the type of outstanding experience we provide our guests, we need remarkable individuals who are committed to making a difference. Does this sound like you?
What are the responsibilities of a Host?
- Provide prompt, friendly, attentive service while ensuring that each guest has a delightful experience
- Ensure that each guest has a smooth, seamless transition from the front door to their table
- Clear and reset tables while keeping the front desk informed and up-to-date
- Handle to-go orders from start to finish ensuring that all details are correct and that the order is completed in a timely manner
- Establish and maintain trusting relationships with our guests
- Advocate for our responsible alcohol beverage service program
- Have a working knowledge of the restaurant’s menus, including Chef features, extensive wine offerings and other specialty drinks
- Passionately maintain a high level of cleanliness and safety at all times
What Skills and Experience are Desired for a Host?
- Schedule availability to include working days, nights and weekends
- Friendly, energetic and detail-oriented
- Passion for hospitality
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong sense of urgency and initiative
- Ability to retain and recall detailed information
- Working in a fast paced, enthusiastic work environment
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Paid annual leave (vacation, sick, personal, etc.)
- Family medical leave and domestic partner benefits
- Industry related continuing education and frame of reference opportunities
What is more important than Safety?
Nothing! We are committed to ensuring our guests and staff members are safe and follow the CDC, State of North Carolina and Local Health Department guidelines on all COVID-19 safety protocols.
We are different!
Our grounding on the idea of being of genuine service to others makes us different from other companies. Any well-functioning organization is really just a group of people who choose to join together to pursue a common objective that is clearly communicated. Our common objective is articulated in our mission, which, in summary, is to be of genuine service to our guests, fellow staff members, owners, and the earth and her people.
About Quaintance-Weaver Restaurants & Hotels
With 30 years of operating one of the top-rated hotel and restaurant companies in the South, Quaintance-Weaver Restaurants and Hotels (QW) is proud to be 100% owned by its staff members, making QW one of only a few employee-owned restaurant and hotel companies in the entire country.
Green Valley Grill is operated by QW, which was founded in April 1988. QW opened their first restaurant, Lucky 32, in Greensboro, North Carolina in 1989. Since then the company has evolved over the years and the QW family now includes Lucky 32 Southern Kitchen in Cary, along with five businesses in Greensboro: Lucky 32 Southern Kitchen, Green Valley Grill, O.Henry Hotel, Proximity Hotel, and Print Works Bistro.