The manager is responsible for managing the day-to-day store operations, includes hiring and training of staff, ordering products, and guaranteeing customers enter a warm and friendly environment. Manager will ensure all guests receive consistent and quality products and services that uphold Industries of the Blind’s mission, vision, and values.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Develop, coach and oversee staff, including resolving conflict, provide positive reinforcement of desirable behaviors and provide constructive feedback in a timely manner.
- Ensure team cohesiveness by facilitating team building activities and encourage transparent communication among team members.
- Develop and execute sales and profit plans that are in-line with budgetary goals.
- Accountable for profitability of the store by growing sales, controlling costs of goods, inventory levels, labor, supplies and expenses.
- Utilizes daily, weekly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting tools.
- Purchase coffee, beverages, food, and supplies
- Proper team member coverage, scheduling according to the needs of business, maintains target labor costs
- Oversee all cash collection and reporting
- Social media management and actively posting on agreed sites
- Perform all POS duties, front and back of house functions including opening and closing procedures, coordinating with IOB Finance as necessary
- Follow proper loss prevention standards, reviewing cash handling procedures, deposits, and safe procedures
- Maintain a clean well-merchandised store, following visual presentation plans and standards
- Plan, execute and communicate sales promotions and new product information effectively and efficiently
- Facilitate on-going training and development of current staff, working with HR as required
- Ensure all operational procedures are documented and remain current.
- Promote and practice safe work habits, identify and resolve potential safety hazards, operational inconsistencies and any team member or customer incidents
- Ensure all associates receive their ServSafe certificate if required to do so
- Document accidents with 24 hours’ maximum, conduct initial investigation, and determine root cause; make policy changes to maintain a safe work environment, if necessary
- Conduct monthly safety meetings ensuring team member compliance in all safety initiatives
- Recruit, hire, train, and coach new team members
- Schedule team member coverage
- Approve timesheets
- Provide coaching, feedback, and when necessary, discipline of team members
Required Skills and Abilities
- Able to work effectively with diverse populations and abilities.
- Demonstrate IOB’s Core Values consistently as a leader
- Must obtain ServSafe Certifications within 30 days of employment and ensure all staff is certified and complies with all Food Safety Guidelines as required by state and local agencies.
- Proficient computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, various POS systems
- Excellent communication skills
- Superior understanding of coffee types, brewing and specialty drinks
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and be flexible
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma required; College Education preferred
- Minimum of three years’ experience in beverage/food management required
- Experience managing or leadership in a coffee shop
- Experience in hiring, managing, and training food/beverage service staff
- Must be able to lift to 30lbs, frequently bend and twist from the waist
- Requires frequent standing and use of hands and arms
- Regularly required to handle food, hot beverages, and work with sharp objects