Bookkeeper/Administrative - Job Description
Job Type: Part-time, may lead to Full-time
Pay: Based on Skill Level Physical Setting: Office
Schedule: Monday - Friday Reports to: General Manager
Benefits: PTO plus Wellness Program Perks
OM Sanctuary, an educational retreat center, is seeking a part-time, experienced, and detail oriented Bookkeeper with administrative and human resource experience. The retreat center includes 25 lodging rooms, retreat programs, a wellness center, and is just two miles from downtown Asheville, N.C.
This position works closely with the Executive Team and is responsible for maintaining the books and records of the organization.
- Superior ethics
- Excellent experience in bookkeeping
- Ledger reconciliation
- Financial reporting
- Reviewing night audit reports
- Payroll, including 1099 contractors
- Ability to quickly learn software and processes as needed
- Manage accounting figures, prepare financial records and reports including: P&L, Balance Sheet, and Cash Flow Statements.
- Ability to respectfully and effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing, with employees, vendors, partners, and the general public.
- Import bank and reservation system transactions in QB and review for accuracy
- Reconcile bank accounts, monitor bank balance, and make bank deposits.
- Review and process all invoices for payment.
- Audit all internal financial controls including: purchasing, cash handling, and disbursements.
- Track and reconcile sales and payroll taxes at the end of each month.
- Maintain fixed asset ledger, including subsidiary ledgers for review with Accountant.
- Creation of monthly board reports including balance sheet, income statement, budget vs. actuals, and write up of significant changes.
- Assist with the creation of year-end financial statements for management.
- Assist CPA with the filing of Form 990 by May 15
- Review and file W2's and 1099's
- Assist with the preparation of the annual budget and projections throughout the year.
- Process bi-weekly payroll for up to 20 employees, including the submission of various payroll and withholding taxes to the appropriate tax authorities.
- Provide information for Workers Compensation annual review.
- Maintain legal comprehension with regard to legal regulatory and financial compliance with all policies and procedures.
- Assist management in maintaining all licenses, permits, insurance, and contracts.
- Basic HR knowledge.
- Maintain new hire paperwork for employees and therapists and file new hire reporting forms to NC.
- Have an understanding of the organization's mission and goals.
- Assist with recruiting tasks and reference checks.
- Respond to all employment verification.
- Maintain daily filing, scanning and documentation both digitally and in a hard copy.
- Assist with special projects, answering phones and other administrative support.
- A bachelor's degree in Accounting or other associated fields.
- Bookkeeping experience: 3 years QuickBooks and QuickBooks Payroll (online and desktop), Excel, Microsoft, Google Drive, Dropbox: 3 years.
- Detailed oriented and solid reconciliations skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- 2 years of Hotel related experience
- Non-profit experience