The DoubleTree Greensboro is looking for servers and bartenders for our restaurant and banquet area.
Restaurant Server Responsibilities:
- Checks and maintains proper set-up and cleanliness of service station before, during and after shift.
- Greets guests in a friendly and courteous manner and explains all specials, promotions and snacks. Takes orders, reciting selection of all call and premium brands as requested, requires memorization of all available drinks. Inputs orders into point of sale system to inform bartender an order was made in a timely order.
- Replenishes beverages as requested, frequently checking back with guest to inquire about satisfaction.
- Present the guest with the check promptly, thanking them and inviting them to return, so they will frequent the restaurant again.
Banquet Server Responsibilities:
- Set up banquet room as instructed by Banquet Captain to include linen, service ware and glassware.
- Attend roll call meetings before events to learn function particulars, including guest and hotel expectations.
- Greet guests and respond to requests in a friendly and courteous manner. Serve the food and/or beverage in the order and to the expectation of the Banquet Captain to ensure consistency throughout the banquet.
- Promptly bus dishes as guests complete each course and/or meal at the end of the meal or function.
- Replenish beverages as necessary, and check with guests for overall satisfaction.
- Once banquet is complete, reset banquet room according to Captain's specifications to ensure the readiness of the room for the following function.
- Maintains proper and adequate set-up of the bar on a daily basis. This includes requisitioning and stocking of all beer, wine, spirits, paper products, straws and stirrers, condiments and produce based on projections from the daily functions sheet.
- Responsible for maintaining stock, cutting, and storing of all fresh fruit and vegetable garnishes, juices and other perishables daily to insure product quality.
- Greets guests in a courteous and friendly manner, promotes and documents orders for drinks. Mixes, garnishes and presents drinks suing standard ingredient recipes and practicing prudent portion control.
- Inputs orders into a register at the point of sale and creates a check for each guest and personnel guests, including those served by other beverage servers, to maintain accountability of all beverages served.
- Receives cash from guests, makes any change needed, verifies validity of charges, records charges, and insures vouchers are properly executed, in order to balance all moneys.
- Locks up and stores all beverage, food and other equipment items, deposits cash drops and secures bank.
Job Type: Part-time
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Casual dining restaurant
- Day shift
- Weekend availability
Work Location: One location